Notes and Quotes...
Jesus said to the twelve disciples, “A disciple is not above the teacher, nor a slave above the master; it is enough for the disciple to be like the teacher, and the slave like the master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebul, how much more will they malign those of his household!
“So have no fear of them; for nothing is covered up that will not be uncovered, and nothing secret that will not become known. What I say to you in the dark, tell in the light; and what you hear whispered, proclaim from the housetops. Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. And even the hairs of your head are all counted. So do not be afraid; you are of more value than many sparrows.
“Everyone therefore who acknowledges me before others, I also will acknowledge before my Father in heaven; but whoever denies me before others, I also will deny before my Father in heaven.
“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
- For I have come to set a man against his father,
- and a daughter against her mother,
- and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;
- and one’s foes will be members of one’s own household.
Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever does not take up the cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Those who find their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will find it.”
- Prayers for Recovery:We ask your prayers this week for two faithful families of Redeemer: Fr. Hanks and his wife, Linda; and Mark Davis and his wife, Tonya. Pray for quick recoveries, as well as comfort and support.
- Sunday, July 2: Independence Day "Picnic Lunch" after the 10:30 service. We will be serving Hot Dogs with all the fixings and Ice Cream for dessert. There will be a sign-up sheet for the sides and ice cream.
- Friday, July 28: Take me out to the Ball Game! The baseball loving members of Redeemer will gather at McCormick Field to watch the Asheville Tourists play the Rome Braces. The firtr pitch is at 7:05 PM. There will be fireworks following the game and Dollar Hot Dogs. We need 22 people interested in going to get the best price on tickets. Please enter your name and the number of tickets needed on the sign-up sheet in the Parish Hall.
Altar Flowers: If you would like to place flowers on the altar as a memorial or in thanksgiving, please place your donation in one of the colored envelopes found in the narthex, write your name and the person/cause to be honored in the blanks, and place it in the offering plate.
Prayers: If you are in need of special prayers such as RIP for family members or friends, healing, or any special situations, please call Diane Jackson at 768-0044 to add your prayers to our prayer chain. If you would like to become a member of the prayer chain, talk to Diane Jackson.
This Week's Worship Schedule:
|Sunday|| 8:15 AM